Thank you for your interest in creating a nonprofit profile on OC Nonprofit Central!
Nonprofit Central will help you:
- Increase awareness of your organization among potential donors, new audiences, and grantmakers
- Tell your story and make a case for support
- Help the community understand the need for your services, solutions and results
- Drive online donations
Organizations that are eligible:
- are IRS 501(c)(3) public charity designated organizations
- Serve or are headquartered in Orange County
- File an IRS Form 990 or 990EZ
*If you do not file an IRS Form 990 or 990EZ, you must provide at least one year of income statements and balance sheets for your organization. These financial documents must be signed by your Executive Director or Board Chair.
Required information to participate:
- Organization Name
- Contact Name (person responsible for completing the profile)
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone Number
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)/ Tax ID#
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- Area your organization serves
- Type of tax-deductible organization:
- 501(c)(3) Public Charity
- religious organization
- local chapter or affiliate of a larger organization
- fiscally sponsored organization
- DBA (Doing Business As) Name *If Applicable
Once you register for a profile, please keep in mind that there are some required fields you'll need to complete in order to have an approved profile. You can find those required fields here.
Organizations that register to have a profile on Nonprofit Central are reviewed by the OCCF team. Within a week following an application, the team will either approve your request, request supplemental documentation to finish reviewing your application or deny your request. You will see your current status on your OC Nonprofit Central Dashboard. Click here for more information. Once your status states "Under Review" you may start customizing your profile. Nonprofits build their profiles directly on this platform. When you update your Nonprofit Central profile, there is no grading, rating or certification of nonprofits associated with Nonprofit Central.
*At this time, we are not profiling organizations with a private foundation designation from the IRS. If you have a question or request, please contact us.
Nonprofit Central coaches are available to support you during the profile development process. Generally, we require that your profile be complete within 3-4 weeks of starting the process. Most nonprofits find that building a profile can take up to 4-6 hours of staff time to complete. Please note that a profile must be complete and reviewed by the Orange County Community Foundation’s staff before it is made viewable to the public. Once a profile is created, it may be updated at any point, with a minimum of once a year.